* Found myself listening to David Davis yesterday morning and had a thought. Is it that people deserted the Tories when they realised that they were going to be moralising and interfering about peoples lives too when back to basics happened and thought well if we have to put up with it either way, we might as well have public services and voted Labour? I have no idea if that's a reasonable thing to think. I know that the Tory party has a small government, let people run their own lives wing but I don't know enough about politics pre back to basics to know whether it had previously been in the acendancy or whether I'm just rambling.
* Unlike dyddgu, I like Harry Potter, but ho for hogwarts! is still a v. funny and well worth a look.
* I went to buy jeans yesterday. I hate the fact that when buying trousers I have to buy at least one size higher if not more. Even when I'm doing well weight wise it makes me feel fat, and right now it was definitely not what I needed. Still, I now own 2 pairs of trousers which won't give me indigestion and I can try to slim out of them.
* I keep thinking about andypop at odd moments. I've never known someone who was involved in an accident like that. I really really hope he pulls through. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, see jinty's most recent posts.)
* Meme. I got tagged by gingerprincess and pennyroyalist but I'm slow at the moment.
Not because you have to, but because you WANT to! Things you enjoy, even when no one around you wants to go out and play. What lowers your stress/blood
pressure/anxiety level? Make a list, post it to your journal... and then tag 5 friends and ask them to post it to theirs.
- Hug from Alex. Always works.
- A nice cup of Earl Grey.
- Cooking with the radio on (assuming that I have a fairly full fridge) - it's really soothing.
- Bath on a Sunday night with the Week In Westminster on.
- Spending a couple of hours pottering round the house tidying up.
- Singing along to stuff. Mostly pop/indie stuff but nearly anything will do.
- Lying down in bed with Radio 4 on, particularly daytime programmes.
I notice that Radio 4 features 3 times in that list. Sigh. I am soooo sad!
* There is *no way* I can keep up this pace of activity. I need to get serious about scheduling nights in again.
* I'm trying a slightly new approach to Weightwatchers, which will (hopefully) help a bit with my ambivalent dieting. Instead of carrying points over (either positive or negative) I'm just going to try to stick to the points each day. Otherwise, I seem to quite often succumb early in the week, saying to myself "I'll make it up later" and then not stick to it for the rest of the week because I'm so daunted by the huge points deficit that it doesn't seem worth it. Also, I need to learn to eat well when I'm out, not just say "oh well, I'll make up for it later".