2. My journal is titled ____ because ____.
3. My subtitle is ____ because ____.
4. My friends page is called ____ because ____.
5. My default userpic is ____ because ____.
6. My displayed name is ____ because ____.
I've been picking quotes for these lately so I figured I'd go for this meme as it's doing the rounds again:
1. My username is tinyjo because my name is Jo and I'm tiny :) Actually, I'm 5'3 (according to my recent doctor's visit) but I am by far the shortest person in my family - my brother is 6'4, I think, and so I'm used to thinking of myself as tiny.
2. My journal is titled "Steal my sunshine" because that's currently my favourite song (by Lem) and I wanted to reference it. It doesn't actually fit very well though so I'm trying to think of something else.
3. My subtitle is "I know it's up for me..." which is from the same song - "I know it's up for me if you steal my sunshine". Again, this needs to change really, but I haven't come up with the right quote.
4. My friends page is called "No-one ever thinks they're cured" because it seemed to me to reflect how often people are unhappy with some aspect of themselves and how LJ provides a space for people to talk about it and get support. It's a quote from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, from a song called Midnight. By the way, I missed commenting yesterday on people's affirmations posts but I'm planning to go back and do that at some point.
5. My default userpic is a sunflower currently because I am a big sun addict. I really noticably blossom in mood and energy when I'm getting plenty of rays plus I really like the picture :)
6. My displayed name is "The truth is boredom, it's excess" because it seems to sum up LJ for me. I kind of like having it there on the support board (which is where my displayed name is mostly seen) as a little comment on the whole thing :) It's a quote from Walking Zero by the Sneakerpimps. The whole verse goes:
To the madness I do confess,
forever see myself as blessed
like a saviour I do caress
The truth is boredom, its excess
Take more, give less
A bleak view of human nature, I guess, but there you are.