Anyway. One of my other beefs with it was that I do find it quite ugly and as someone who primarily uses IE7, I couldn't use GreaseMonkey to prettify it up for myself. So I did some hunting and came across IE7Pro, an add-on for explorer and boy is it impressive. It contains user scripts, a facility similar to GreaseMonkey (unfortunately I don't think you can use GM scripts out of the box but there's minimal modification required, I think), spell checking (which should take some of the pain out of reading my posts for my Mum!), extra tab features, ad blocking, flash blocking and probably more that I haven't noticed. It's fantastic.
Predictably, I didn't fancy any of the skins I found - most of them didn't work quite right anyway because they were using mozilla specific CSS so I ended up spending a bit of time at the end of the day yesterday designing my own. I'm still not completely happy with it, but it's not bad for the moment.
Actually, that screenshot is a bit small to see (click through for full size), but I've changed the fonts and spaced out the emails. I've also removed the ads from individual email pages, which is nice, and got rid of the invite a friend box and links (as I never use them anyway).